At present, the commonly used underwater granulator is divided into pull-strip-type Granulator (Strand palletizing System) and direct-cut underwater granulator (underwater palletizing System), most of the domestic enterprises using dry-type pull-bar or wet-type pull-bar-type granulator, This kind of granulator is to melt the polymer into the strip, after the water cooling and then cut into a slice of particles and dry sorting. Here's a concrete introduction to the advantages and disadvantages of this underwater granular system:
Particle Quality Advantages:
1. Optimize particle shape, smooth and uniform particle surface;
2. High particle density and good fluidity;
3. Eliminate the phenomenon of particle oxidation;
4. Fewer bonding phenomena;
5. Production and Operation Advantages:
1 automatic continuous production, one-button-type boot, convenient and quick.
2 shorten the curing time, less space and cooling water demand, energy saving and environmental protection.
3 completely closed production, environment clean;
4 Low noise, no dust pollution.
Its disadvantages are:
(1) Semi-crystalline or amorphous polymers, the existing equipment using water ring-type cutting, high viscosity polymer materials easy to knot, affecting product quality, serious will lead to downtime;
(2) In order to reduce the temperature, cutter shaft large distance cantilever, the grain is unstable and bring inconvenience to the operation;
(3) The production capacity is low, the power consumption is big, the equipment device is huge, cannot meet the market demand. Pull-bar granulator production of pellets, grain uniformity is poor, the current domestic production of SQL products belong to the pull-piece underwater cutting system.