All materials that can prevent or suppress and delay the combustion of plastic are called flame retardants. A kind of material that can reduce the smoke of the plastic burning is called the plastic flame retardant and smoke inhibitor. There are some requirements for the plastics flame retardants.
1) the addition of flame retardants in plastics can not damage the physical properties of plastics, especially the thermal deformation temperature, mechanical and electrical properties of plastics.
2) the flame-retardant effect of the flame retardant is better, the dosage is less, the effect is obvious.
3) the compatibility of the resin with the resin is better, and it does not migrate or precipitate.
4) in the process of hot melting and forming at high temperature, there is no division, no chemical reaction with other materials, and the flame retardancy can be played in the burning process.
5) it has good weatherability and durability.
6) low price
The principles of flame retardants are as follows:
1) improve the heat resistance of plastics. It can be a polymer molecular structure with high cohesive energy through the aromatization of polymer molecules, or the introduction of flame-retardant elements or flame-retardant groups in polymer molecules to achieve the purpose.
2) the addition of inorganic filler in the plastics reduces the content of the combustible components.
3) the flame retardant formed a large number of non combustible gases, such as CO2, HCL, HBr, NH3 and so on, which dilute the concentration of combustible gas and oxygen in the combustion zone.
4) the flame retardant captures the free radicals generated by the combustion reaction and prevents the free radical chain reaction of the combustion reaction.
5) the flame retardant is heated by melting or producing high boiling point liquid, forming a barrier layer on the surface of the plastic and reducing the temperature of the plastic.
6) the flame retardant material is combined with the combustible plastic forming material.
7) the heat reaction of inorganic flame retardants
Inorganic flame retardants decompose H2O molecules into oxides at high temperatures to achieve flame retardancy.
KALSHINE provides high quality and environmentally friendly flame retardants. The details are page, HBCD-free Flame retardants.