Fiberglass MeshGood Corrosion Resistance
Glass fiber mesh is an excellent performance of inorganic non-metallic materials, a wide range, the advantages of good insulation, heat resistance, good corrosion resistance, high mechanical strength, but the disadvantage is brittle, poor wear resistance. It is made of glass ball or waste glass as raw material by high temperature melting, drawing, yarn, weaving and other processes made of its monofilament diameter of a few microns to twenty microns, the equivalent of a hair Of the 1 / 20-1 / 5, each bundle of fiber raw silk by hundreds or even thousands of monofilament composition. Glass fiber is usually used as a composite material in the reinforced materials, electrical insulation materials and insulation materials, circuit boards and other areas of the national economy.
First, the chemical nature
Melting point 680 ° C Molecular structure Boiling point 1000 ° C Density 2.4-2.7 g / cm³.
Second, the main ingredients
Its main components are silica, alumina, calcium oxide, boron oxide, magnesium oxide, sodium oxide, etc., according to the amount of alkali in the glass can be divided into alkali-free glass fiber (sodium oxide 0% to 2% Borosilicate glass), alkali glass fiber (sodium oxide 8% ~ 12%, boron-free or boron-free calcium silicate glass) and high-alkali glass fiber (more than 13% sodium oxide, sodium Silicate glass).
Third, the main features
Raw materials and their applications: glass fiber mesh than organic fiber temperature is high, non-combustible, anti-corrosion, heat insulation, sound insulation, high tensile strength, good electrical insulation. But the brittle, wear resistance is poor. Used to make reinforced plastic or reinforced rubber, as a reinforcing fiber glass fiber has the following characteristics, these features make the use of glass fiber mesh than other types of fiber to a wide range of development speed is also far ahead of its characteristics are listed below:
(1) high tensile strength, elongation is small (3%).
(2) high elasticity coefficient, good rigidity.
(3) elastic limit within the large elongation and high tensile strength, so the absorption of large impact energy.
(4) for the inorganic fiber, with non-flammable, good chemical resistance.
(5) water absorption is small.
(6) scale stability, heat resistance are good.
(7) good processing, can be made into stocks, beams, carpets, weaving, and other different forms of products.
(8) transparent through the light.
(9) with a resin having a good adhesion to the surface treatment agent.
(11) is not easy to burn, high temperature can be made into glass beads.